Searching for credible health and fitness information on the web can sometimes be challenging. It’s easy to feel a bit overwhelmed, as search engines will display hundreds of thousands of results, making it hard to figure out which sites have reliable information.
To help you out, we’ve created a list of credible health and fitness websites which you may find useful:
Comprehensive websites on health and fitness
- The National Institutes of Health’s website might not look too exciting, but it contains plenty of great information on health and fitness. One of the site’s best features is it displays the latest news and scientific discoveries, allowing you to stay updated on new developments.
- Verywell is a great site if you’re searching for detailed information on exercises (walking, jogging, swimming, aerobics, etc.) or general health issues.
Nutrition and weight loss
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ website serves as your go-to resource for reliable nutrition information. The site contains recipes, workout guides, tips on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and more.
- Verywell’s nutrition section has terrific resources on healthy eating. Their weight loss section meanwhile, has great information on healthy diets
General health and medical information
- The American Medical Association has plenty of good info on specific illnesses, injuries, and conditions. Use their search tool to find articles, resources, and essential tools focusing on various topics.
- The American Heart Association’s official website covers different aspects of blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, general health, and healthy living.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website is a terrific resource for all the latest information on illnesses, diseases, conditions, and health.
- FitWatch offers a free tool which you can use to keep track of your diet and exercise habits. Users can also opt for their paid version to get access to more features for better health and fitness tracking.
- ExRx.net might seem a little intimidating as it’s more technical, but it’s a top-notch resource if you’re looking for a database with extensive information on muscle groups and how different types of exercise affect each specific muscle group.
Workout videos, apparel, and equipment
- Cath Friedrich is considered one of the best video fitness instructors in the industry. Her website, Cathe.com, has a wealth of fitness information, tips on nutrition and weight loss, useful links, and information on her workout videos.
- Road Runner Sports is a great site for running and walking enthusiasts. Their website contains fitness tips and a vast selection of top-quality athletic apparel, footwear, and accessories.
- Nerd Fitness is an excellent website for those looking for a fun way to exercise, lose weight, and stay active. Their program focuses on the basics of maintaining a healthy lifestyle without any need for gym subscriptions, supplements, or cleanses.
- Thinking of shopping for new workout equipment? Be sure to visit Top Fitness Magazine’s review section first. Here, you’ll be able to find in-depth of reviews of the latest workout equipment available, including ellipticals, stationary bikes, rowing machines, treadmills, pull up bars, and more.
Thinking of buying or selling a home in Atlanta, Decatur, Myrtle Beach, and other nearby communities? Call us at 404-859-2018, or send us an email at info(at)adobeagency(dotted)net